How To Get The Most From Your HVAC System
Your HVAC system is very important because you will be using it almost every day for either heating or cooling. With such extensive usage, there is bound to be wear and tear, which can be reduced by adopting practices that help you get the maximum out of your HVAC. You don’t want to have to call your local hvac company in colorado springs all the time for repair work.
Here are some tips on to maintain your HVAC system, on us:
- Your system’s filter is very important because it catches all dirt particles. Change the filter that you currently have to a high-efficiency pleated one because it will trap even the tiniest dirt particles even ones that may carry bacteria.
- Keep the system clean by removing debris such as leaves, twigs, pollen that accumulates on the top side of the air conditioning unit and heat pumps.
- Every year, clean up the air-conditioning condensate drain to prevent build up of mold and algae, these can clog the drain.
- Make sure to replace the battery of your carbon monoxide detector so that it is always ready to function when the system is in use.
- Replace your air filter every three months. It is better to check it every month to find out its condition. If it is very dirty, you need to replace it right away.
- Look at the air conditioning unit and heat pumps on the outside to find out of there is at least two feet of clearance around the air conditioning unit. Bushes, plants or other such items should not be close to them as they can fall and cause physical damage or other problems due to debris.
Get the best from your hi-tech HVAC with these do-it-yourself maintenance tips. You can find out some more maintenance ideas from the heating and cooling company and for a more professional service, you might consider our protective maintenance plan.